Our team builds infrastructure intelligence solutions for managing, securing, and operating customer enterprise software. We are high-velocity and use state-of-the-art technology. We focus on DevSecOps and NetSecOps automation, using our microservices platform to solve complex customer challenges.
In this role:
Our team helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud. Our customers are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, security, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. Some examples of the functionality you’ll be working on will include proxy integrations, Envoy’s xDS APIs, certificate management for mutual TLS connectivity, and security through service-oriented patterns. You’ll actively contribute to the service mesh ecosystem, follow new developments in emerging technology, look for opportunities to differentiate our product from the competition, and rethink product architecture to meet new global scale and organizational demands.
You can expect to:
- Configure and automate the application network infrastructure, so engineering teams have up-to-the-minute details and insight of running software
- Build customized tools for integration of our microservices platform and general CNCF automation for use throughout our customer environments
- Use Greymatter to solve network traffic engineering problems
- Provide architecture patterns and system engineering to enable secure service to service communication
- Architect, and ensure network and application networking workflows are secure and integrated with Greymatter and other CNCF infrastructure components in a hybrid, multi-cloud microservices implementation
- Engage in discussions, meeting support, and briefings with key customer stakeholders
- Enable the implementation of repeatable DevSecOps workflows.
- Advise and contribute expert knowledge for zero-trust security patterns.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization.
You are a good fit you can:
- Bring imagination and energy to your job every day
- Show empathy for the people operating, learning, teaching and supporting software you write, and consider their experience when making design decisions and performance, security or complexity tradeoffs
- Collaborate with peer engineers in discussions around performance, user experience, security and other constraints when designing complex systems
- Handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Are well-versed in Go (preferable) or Python
- Possess knowledge of:
- Shell scripting (bash)
- CI/CD pipeline design
- Distributed systems and cloud architectures
- Other skills that are important:
- Experience with service mesh architecture
- Application protocols like gRPC, HTTP/2, and NATS
- Experience with at least one of the following configuration management tools:
- Salt, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Mentor
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Hackerrank Code exercise
- Code Review interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
Collaboration and communication are critical aspects of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with us, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.