We’re a Vendor in two Gartner® Hype Cycles™
Greymatter.io has been named a Service Connectivity Layer Vendor in two Gartner® Hype Cycle reports!
July 28, 2023
Greymatter.io has been named a Vendor in two recently released Gartner® Hype Cycle reports!
- Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Zero Trust Networking, 2023(July 2023) (1)
- Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Enterprise Networking, 2023(July 2023) (2)
As noted by Gartner® in the Hype Cycle for Zero Trust Networking, 2023, “Organizations that are building or operating modern distributed applications will benefit from decreased cycle time, increased productivity and operational simplicity.”
The same report predicts “The SCL will help deliver software faster by abstracting services and connectivity between them. Developers can concentrate more on business functionality, and less on networking minutiae.” For example, the report mentions “The service connectivity layer (SCL) abstracts the necessary network plumbing and security controls required to connect application services together regardless of location or IP address. The technology simplifies the stitching of services for developers who are not networking experts, and can provide facilities such as discovery and registry, connectivity, authorization, identity and observability.”
Per the Zero Trust Hype Cycle report, “Service connectivity layer (SCL) is also moving rapidly along the Hype Cycle as the number and influence of platform teams increases — these teams are looking for software abstraction that simplifies networking and networking security to speed up development.”
Finally, while the Hype Cycle for Zero Trust Networking, 2023 and Hype Cycle for Enterprise Networking, 2023 contain similar write-ups regarding the status of the SCL, the Hype Cycle for Enterprise Networking, 2023 contains an additional note stating, “Service mesh has been replaced on this Hype Cycle with service connectivity layer, which is a related technology that garners more emerging hype.”
What The Service Connectivity Layer Means at Greymatter.io
At Greymatter.io, we believe the SCL is a critical aspect of enterprise software development and delivery. The technologies comprising the SCL are inherently complex. In alignment with the tenets of the platform development team concept, we strive to provide a ready-out-of-the-box solution. Our efforts follow these key adoption drivers highlighted by Gartner:
- “The increasing use of cloud services benefits from secure, transparent and controlled connectivity. The adoption of mesh app and service architecture (MASA) relies on ubiquitous connectivity between apps and services and between services.”
- “Organizations are increasingly leveraging cloud private endpoints to communicate to service in public clouds.”
- “The technology that extends identity to services and processes is gaining traction.”
- “The SCL is aligned to platform engineering efforts, as it reduces application developers’ networking cognitive load.”
Chris Holmes, Greymatter.io CEO | President
“We are thrilled to be included in Gartner’s Hype Cycle reports for both Zero Trust and Enterprise Networking. Our Application Networking Platform has built a revolutionary SCL at its core. In partnership with global mission-critical partners we combine API management, zero-trust application control, and service connectivity for broad application management.”
What is Greymatter?
Greymatter.io is an application networking platform that provides dynamic service connectivity via a collection of orchestration, security, and analytics layers. The platform is designed to extract away the complexity of network and security plumbing. This makes it easier for developers to build and deploy applications.
How Can Greymatter Help Your Enterprise?
Today’s Enterprise-scale organizations need to adopt effective strategies and tools to overcome complex configurations. Greymatter securely connects your applications, services and data across your hybrid, multi-cloud and on-prem enterprise environments. With Greymatter, your organization gains these incredible complexity management, security, and insight capabilities, right out of the box:
- Greater than 50% reduction in networking configuration code blocks.
- Increased Platform Engineering NetSecOps process speed from development to production by more than 1000%.
- Smoother API management, enhanced security, and improved overall API ecosystem performance of your API ecosystem, consolidating your networking and security policies into a centralized reference hub with under 10 lines of code, for effortless fleet-wide updates across applications, APIs, and data services – regardless of cloud or hybrid infrastructure.
- 100% support for Zero-Trust NIST controls built atop a modern cybersecurity mesh architecture to lock down your enterprise’s inner architecture.
- Forensic audit collection spanning diverse clouds, Kubernetes distributions, and on-prem workloads, with effortless failover and fleet-wide security policy application using ~30 lines of configuration.
- Seamless insight into multiple application mesh networks in a ‘single-pane of glass’ view, featuring health status, dependency lists, and comprehensive search capabilities across clouds.
Sources (available to Gartner subscribers):
- Gartner®, Hype Cycle for Zero Trust Networking 2023, By Analyst(s): Andrew Lerner, John Watts . Service Connectivity Layer analysis by: Simon Richard.
- Gartner®, Hype Cycle for Enterprise Networking 2023, By Analyst(s): Andrew Lerner, Nauman Raja, Karen Brown. Service Connectivity Layer analysis by: Simon Richard.
Find out how our Greymatter application networking platform can help your team deliver software faster, more securely, and with greater visibility! Request a live demo with our experts today!
GARTNER and HYPE CYCLE are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be constructed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.